the torso bracket

You would not believe how much of a pain a few millimeters of aluminum can be to work with.


Robot - Bracket Design It's a pretty straightforward design; mathematically perfect and precisely constructed. Still, reality has a way of laughing in the face of mathematical perfection -- nothing ever lines up the way it should.


Robot - Bracket Construction 1 Nonetheless, it serves its intended purpose quite effectively: holding the shoulder and neck servos in a rigid and (somewhat) precise frame. Big thanks to my cousin (below, with the drill) for lending his expertise (and pretty much doing all the work!).


Robot - Bracket Construction 2


Robot - Bracket Assembled


Voila! There's the torso, mostly assembled (but not trimmed). Now I'm getting anxious for the electronics I ordered to arrive, since I have no means of actually running the servos until then. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise: if the next shipment doesn't arrive for a week or two, I might get some real work done.

No comments: